Advertise in a nationally-respected book periodical
Successful since its launch in 1997 and well-known for its high literary standards, the Montreal Review of Books is the only journal reviewing English-language books from Quebec. The mRb has grown to be a valuable resource for booksellers, teachers, librarians, cultural associations, students and other book buyers.
Print circulation: 40,000 per issue
105,000 copies per year, over three issues
- Over 1,000 digital subscribers
- Avg. 2,300 monthly visitors to mtlreviewofbooks.ca. Up to 5,000 monthly visitors in publication months: March, July, November
- 21,000 in the Thursday Montreal Gazette to home subscribers
- 8,400 in the Friday Globe and Mail to home subscribers and newsstands across Quebec and in Ottawa
- 5,000 in Cult Mtl across Montreal
- 2,000 to bookstores, cafés, and libraries in and around Montreal
- 1,000 to bookstores, home subscribers, libraries, and locations across Canada
Who should advertise?
Book publishers and booksellers, of course! And others, too – the mRb attracts readers with broad and diverse interests, so ads for book fairs, workshops, festivals, language and arts services, writing retreats, visual and performance arts, educational opportunities, and other cultural initiatives draw notice from our readers. Advertise in the mRb three times a year and receive our special 3-issue discount – extend your marketing dollar with the mRb and reach lovers of English-language books in Quebec and beyond.
Montreal is a sophisticated literary metropolis with a thriving book culture. Boasting a variety of book fairs, popular literary salons, and international literary festivals such as Blue Metropolis, Montreal is cherished by book-lovers, most of whom read in both official languages and follow provincial, national, and international literary stars and trends.
Who Does Your Ad Reach?
Readers, booksellers, librarians, and literature enthusiasts across Canada! The mRb is read by Anglophones and Francophones alike.
Please see our media kit for rates and deadlines.